Business2Community.com has developed a well-mannered blueprint for crafting the perfect blog post. Being really good at the items in blue below will put you ahead of 80% of your competition.
Because things change over time, here are a few additional points I would consider to take that next step.
- Give some love to your images. Pick compelling images and optimize (ALT text, anyone?) for search engines.
- Ensure that your site plays nice with mobile devices.
- Add rich snippets to your HTML (like twitter cards) so your content looks good and is super compelling when shared. Here are 6 WordPress plugins to help with that.
- Balance and test the benefit of having comments on your site.
- Don’t go overboard with the sharing buttons. Too many can slow your site down. If you’re spewing great information, people will find a way to share it.
- Test, test, test.
If you’re looking for additional reading, Moz has an intense master plan to optimize your page for search engines.